[QuadList] AVR-1 Info-LEDs replace vacuum column lights

Peter Ford pford at clear.net.nz
Mon Jan 11 14:02:28 CST 2010

Hi George

Television New Zealand use to have a total of 6 AVR1s and 6 ACR25s.  All of the machines were fitted with invisible infrared leds in the Vacuum Columns.....a mod which proved to be 100% reliable.

However I recollect a disaster one day when a photographer from a local newspaper decided to take a picture of an ACR25 while it was on air playing a commercial break.  The flash from the camera upset the servos causing instant destruction of the tapes in both transports.

Regards

Peter Ford