[QuadList] NTSC/PAL Machines

Don Norwood dwnorwood at embarqmail.com
Thu Jan 28 09:30:18 CST 2010

Hi Pat:

Yes, another filter module is required for PAL.

The NTSC Colortec is a model 1011 and the Universal Colortec is model 1012.
It handles NTSC, PAL & SECAM.  It has a different control panel from the
standard Colortec with several easily identifiable features.  The array of 5
indicator lamps we are accustomed to seeing is not there.  Instead, there
are only two lamps along with two adjustments.  And of course, the function
switch is different and has fewer positions.

I'd have to look at the early documentation to verify whether the first proc
amps were dual standard.  They definitely were by the mid 60's, but there
were a couple of different options.  The base unit has a switch for 525/625
operation, but there was also an automatic version available.  PAL required
a different card set.

Don