[QuadList] Changes in Post over the years (was Electronic Editing Notes)

C. Park Seward park at videopark.com
Sat Jan 30 11:40:07 CST 2010

What was especially difficult in my past business was to replace people that had been working for me for 6-10 years. I trained them, introduced them to my clients and then developed their talent until they were tops in the market. They would then buy an Avid or a camera and take some clients with them. It would then be difficult to find anyone in the market with the same skills since we were at the top. And it would take years to hire someone and train them.

One ex-employee was satisfied to edit in their bedroom and clear $5 an hour. Difficult to compete with a million dollar suite that still had an active loan!

Best,
Park

C. Park Seward
Visit us: http://www.videopark.com