[QuadList] frost nixon film

James Paterson james at oldtvgear.com
Tue Jun 8 02:45:55 CDT 2010

Just downloaded the frost nixon movie

The scenes supposed to be in australia were factually very incorrect so far as the tv equipment is concerned.

The ATN7 scenes i wonder if were shot in america....ATN7 never used Norelco/philips cameras, they Marconi MKIII orthicon cameras
and the later MKIV,  If this scene was supposed to be shot in 1974, color television hadnt even been officially introduced yet,  but the studios
were possibly just installed with the Marconi MKVIII color cameras which were used right up until around 1990

We never had norelco cameras in OZ, they were late 60's color american cameras thus we didnt have a use for them, however a couple were
bought for color demos in melbourne in 1968, however they were all rebadged under the name "philips" and this was only by HSV7

when we went to color, if we used american cameras it was the RCA TK45

The transmission as if it were live in color  is doubtful...we still were importing a lot of 16mm kine recordings of us news which i think
came from VISNEWS, and were horribly crap quality but go around the standards conversions. Was satellite or b-mac even around then?

I must also point out the had to laugh at horrible australian accent, its totally rubbish - never heard anyone speak like that here...sounds more like an english accent
and a cringe to hear....lol