[QuadList] It's working.... Link still not working--http://www.smecc.org/mt__wilson_bell_l...

Ted Langdell ted at quadvideotapegroup.com
Thu Jun 10 20:21:22 CDT 2010

Hey, Ed

It did finally work, but I had to use the method Dennis advised... and
click on the link from the website.

After I did that... the links in the last few posts worked.  May have
been a cache problem?  <shrugs>  It's electronic!  And Digital!  Some
one or zero was off taking a smoke break, for all we can tell.

Same kind of thing was happening with Adobe Illustrator and a function
called Clipping Masks over a period of a couple of weeks.
It flat-out wouldn't work, though I'd done it correctly on other
documents months ago. And I'd resorted to RTFHOL and was following the
Help instructions... the same thing that wasn't working.  I finally
gave up.  Then last week when I HAD to have this document off to
someone... I opened the same doc... and went to use the function and
IT WORKED!

Why/Why Not?  No clue.

Kinda like the main land-line number here at the house... which has
been sounding like water was in a connection somewhere btw here and
the CO for several weeks.

AT&T (Pacific Bell) automated 611 schedules a repair for today.  Btw.
8-5 is all they (it?) can tell me. OK. I'll be here. Lucky I didn't
need to run around.

Dispatcher calls about 2p to say the repair guy is running late and to
ask if I'm still having trouble.  "Yes," I say. "You can hear the
noise, right?"  "Oh, yes," she says.  The guy calls arond 4:15.  The
trouble has gone.  He comes over and checks either side of the demarc
block and then hits the nearest main junction box. Checking
connections, he tugs on one, and it separates. He terminates it again.
Comes back to report what he'd found. (Then is required to tell me
about U-Verse.)

OK.  Stuff happens.  I'm glad it's minor stuff that isn't a major
health, financial or physical disaster.

That's a little more difficult to do as Spock used to do when things
went south: "Cross-circuiting to B."

Which is fine in an emergency... but not something you'd want to
happen on its own... say in your Klystron cavities.

Hope everyone is fine, otherwise.

Ted