[QuadList] looking for Type C to DVCam in Europe

Ted Langdell ted at quadvideotapegroup.com
Wed Jun 16 17:25:43 CDT 2010

Without knowing why they've chosen DVCAM, (access rather than
preservation) it's easy to point out potential problems with DVCAM as
a preservation medium.  It is a format that is being used for both...
in some cases due to cost.

DVCAM in PAL, is a 4:2:0 format.

DVCPro50 is a 4:2:2 format in both NTSC and PAL, and uses Metal
Particle tape.  Its a very thin tape, so using it as an archival
storage format might not be the most secure means of going forward.

That still doesn't answer the question of who could do Type C PAL
transfers in or near Portugal to any format.  Anyone have some ideas?

Ted