[QuadList] NTSC vs PAL Chroma bandwidth--Quad & 1" (was 1" Type C to DVCAM)

C. Park Seward park at videopark.com
Thu Jun 17 12:24:08 CDT 2010

Ted,

Yes, you have to digitize the 1" picture, bring it back to analog and then re-digitize it for recording to DVCAM. Hope your filters are good and both use the same sampling frequency of 4X subcarrier. Early Ampex TBCs used 3X subcarrier. But I don't think you'd see much difference since the chroma channels are so soft to start with.

I don't think you'd see much difference. I'd suggest a 10 bit TBC for the 1". Although the Zeus is 4Fsc, 9 bit, still better than 8 bit.

Best,
Park

C. Park Seward
2" Quad and 1" "C" transfers