[QuadList] Off topic: WTVJ remote truck

Don Norwood dwnorwood at embarqmail.com
Sat Mar 27 21:39:04 CDT 2010

Don:

Seeing the Wometco truck brought back some memories.  In the mid 70's, I believe Wometco also owned WLOS-TV in Asheville, NC.  I had some enjoyable visits there with the chief engineer, Lee Davis, if my memory serves correctly.  The station was located in an old mansion with a new addition for some of the studio space.  VTR's were in the basement.  All Ampex quads and I believe an ACR-25 in later years.  Quite a view overlooking the city from the rear parking lot as the facility was located on the side of one of the mountains that surround the city.

Don Norwood
Digitrak Communications, Inc.
www.digitrakcom.com