[QuadList] Fun with a PCP-90 and AVR-2 at WRET-TV, Charlotte/Possible TR-70C motor service source

Don Norwood dwnorwood at embarqmail.com
Thu Sep 16 18:16:58 CDT 2010

Hi Ted:

You probably know this, but that station was purchased in about '70 by Ted Turner who renamed it WRET (his initials are RET).  Over the years, I knew a number of the folks that worked there, and although I visited while Dennis worked there, I never met him.

The Ampex gear that they had, at least in the early 70's, was leased from Ampex.  The machines were VR-1200's....don't think they ever had a VR-2000.

Don