[QuadList] TBC

Chill315 at aol.com Chill315 at aol.com
Fri Apr 29 11:02:16 CDT 2011

Actually the TR-70 B was a good machine.  The C version with the  TCR 100
servo has its issues.  The AVR-1 is a great machine but it is more  costly to
run.  Myself, I am an Ampex man.  That is why I like the  VR-1200.

As far as I know with all the documentation that I have, there was  never
an AVVR-2 that was multi standard.  The main frame was built so that  either
set of boards could be plugged into the machine.  Great design  feature that
Ampex had.  They thought this out very well.

Your biggest problem is the NTSC and PAL need.  I wish there was a  simple
way around that.

I did see some time ago an ad for an AVR-2 in Switzerland.  This would  be
a PAL only machine.

Chris Hill

In a message dated 4/29/2011 11:32:48 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time,