[QuadList] OT - ACE 25 booting

Ted Langdell ted at quadvideotapegroup.com
Tue Aug 23 11:19:14 CDT 2011

Hi, Park,

Does the ACE normally put up anything on the screen as it boots up...
like PC's do?  Self tests, BIOS screens, > prompts or anything like
that?

Maybe it's got a command waiting for a response, but it never gets
one... since you can't see anything on the screen.

Since you're getting the same behavior out of all three, but can't see
anything, I'm wondering whether the monitor is the problem.

How does the monitor behave?  When you turn it on and off, do you see
any evidence of the CRT being scanned-- like a collapsing raster or
other "CRT" centric behavior?

Can you sub another monitor? (I know you said this monitor is TTL.)