[QuadList] True colors

David Crosthwait david at dcvideo.com
Tue Dec 27 12:32:52 CST 2011

Shai,

We have standardized on Sony BVM 20F1U CRT's  for critical evaluation in our transfer and edit suites in SD. They are accurate, stable and reliable. They are not manufactured anymore but fortunately we have a steady supply of them to support our operation here. Flat screens will make everything look different and are not stable unless you step up to a Dolby or Sony OLED in my opinion. Even with the high end screens, making them match the real world is a difficult proposition.

May I suggest that you stick with a CRT for the time being.

Best Regards,

David Crosthwait
DC Video
Archived Media Transfer and Re-mastering Services

Clients welcomed at our offices located at:
177 West Magnolia Blvd.
Burbank, CA. 91502
818-563-1073
818-563-1177 (fax)