[QuadList] AFN AVR-1

C. Park Seward park at videopark.com
Wed Feb 9 09:58:24 CST 2011

Park, Bob;
it was still up and running when i left in '80, and so was the one in Berlin. Maybe someone who was there in the late 80's could answer better when it went away. I was in Munich in the mid 80's in a non AFN unit and never made it to Frankfurt for a visit.

Tom Scriven
AFNE 75-80

Bob & Park - There were two Ampex 2"VCR's that were brought to Frankfurt "with love" by Bob & his crew from Ramstein AFB. Best I can remember, one may have been cannibalized for parts for the one that was still running and the preferred machine for recording our locally produced studio shows (Gasthaus, Profile, etc.) while I was the Chief of TV Studio Operations until I left in 1987. Interesting to point out that there were two 1" (circa 1974?) machines in Ramstein (they were not much of anything) and they were not preferred to the quality of those 2" VCR's.

Christopher Hall
AFN Ramstein 1975-76
AFNE 1976-1987

Best,