[QuadList] VPR-80 QC switcher w/Tek 528 Octal plug--Thanks!

Ted Langdell ted at quadvideotapegroup.com
Tue Jan 18 00:28:19 CST 2011

Hi, Don, Tim, Park and the rest of the gang : )

Thanks much, Don for the schematic and "extension" to adapt to the 1730.

Kin Zin e-mailed off-list that the 528 mod involved a relay to change
the 2H to 2F.  With no voltage from the switcher, the relay is NC and
the front panel controls work normally.

I was working with the 1730's settings and will create some presets to
enable checking the RF Envelope, control track and AST.

It stays stable enough in external sync mode w/2F engaged to see the
envelope and other signals.

The scopes were just refurbished and calibrated by Scott Howell at
MobileTekLA and are looking quite nice.

I think the archivist who will be using the VPR-80 package will be
pretty happy.

Thanks again for all your help!

Skype: 	TedLangdell
e-mail:	ted at quadvideotapegroup.com