[QuadList] OT: How to move a VPR-80 in a sidecar cabinetwithout a truck or trailer--AVR 2 Next??

Ted Langdell ted at quadvideotapegroup.com
Wed Jan 19 23:08:55 CST 2011

Hi, David,

On Jan 19, 2011, at 6:53 PM, David Crosthwait wrote:

> Ted,
>
> Nice job with the VPR-80 refurb.!

Thanks for the kind words!

> Regarding the Tek scopes: Scotti and his wife were here just last
> week and I expect to see them tomorrow with a delivery (free and
> local, of course). He does great work. I've known him for almost a
> decade. Can bring the dead alive.

Please tell Scotti and Dottie I said Hello and show them the pictures
if you have time.  They look really fine in the sidecar. Help make it
look newer.

Scott's longevity with Tek products enables him to know the details
about stuff that is amazing. I wish that info could be preserved.

> A client brought by a new Sprinter the other day and it has a lot of
> potential, but you are right: Traditional garage parking will be a
> problem.

If you get a chance, ask him how it performs going up and over the
Grapevine with a full load.  Will it keep rolling at 60 going up the
grade?

> Last note: Your VPR-80 looks to sparkle a lot more than these two
> units:
>
> <VPR 80xxx.jpeg>
> Live from Los Alamitos Race Track for ESPN, 1982 or so...
> David Crosthwait
> DC Video

You look so relaxed.

Are you sure it wasn't 1984 or later?  Looks like these machines were
in Ampex cabinets like the ones I've got. They really made the package
look sharp.  I like the turntable on the pullout shelf.

Skype: 	TedLangdell
e-mail:	ted at quadvideotapegroup.com