[QuadList] ACR-25 Cue Times was: Ampex Models

Scott Thomas scottgfx at mac.com
Fri Mar 11 23:59:33 CST 2011

At the NBC affiliate I worked at, we had only Sony 1" machines, a couple of RCA branded TH-1000's and 1100's, an a couple of BVH-2000's.

After we took over the ABC affiliate in one of those LMA agreements, we took in a VPR-2b and a VPR-80.

Either I had heard about the VPR-2b's jogging or had to ask, but it was a really cool feature to experience, and seemed so natural.

Years later and I'm at a station with Panasonic DVC-PRO machines. Tape ballistics, what's that? They responded like a boom-box cassette player. :(