[QuadList] What is it????

Trevor Brown videovault at sky.com
Sun May 15 05:27:15 CDT 2011

I'll agree that the IVC interchange was better.  Beyond that, both the
electronics and the transports had issues.  While the transport looked very
"professional", a check underneath revealed some serious shortcomings,
especially the lack of direct drive servo system for the drum.  As the
machines aged, this became even more apparent when the pulley wore to the
point that the head could never achieve speed!

Is this fair I think the IVC you refer to was alpha wrap

and the Ampex the more complex Omega wrap

Alpha providing a much smaller format dropout, at the expense of audio
passing over the video and the ensuing vision only edit problems

TrevorB

UK Member