[QuadList] Happy Thanksgiving: WGN airing a 2-hour "WGN Classics" with color Kinescopes, Quad and other cool stuff

Ted Langdell ted at quadvideotapegroup.com
Thu Nov 24 11:25:55 CST 2011

Watching from Bernalillo, NM, just north of Albuquerque...

Just started on WGN... "Bozo, Gar and Ray" including Bozo, Ray Raner, Diver Dan, Dick Tracy and several other Chicago classics that have had enough of a run to have been recorded in color on Quad.

I've seen a color kinescope in the early minutes, and what's likely TK-41 originated material recorded on Quad.

I note some ringing and color smear in some of the stuff...

Pretty simple production values on the Ray Raner show.  They've been sitting on a 2-shot for more than five minutes.  It ran for 18 years—live—and ended in 1981.  Not sure whether any of what we saw was from Quad.

More of what they're teasing likely IS from Quad originals, but who knows what's in between.

Happy Thanksgiving on the road back home from AMIA.