[QuadList] Fwd: Re: The Beatles, Washington D.C. 1964

Steve White Steve.White at 800CallNow.com
Sun Apr 29 22:20:13 CDT 2012

Gentlemen,

It brings back great memories to wander through your thread...

We couldn't hear the director over the crowd.  We couldn't hear the Beatles.

I was part of the crew, hauling cable and setting up camera positions,
but primarily setting up microphones and audio cables.  You're right.
It was put together quickly and felt more like a wrestling remote.  That
may even be me on the floor to the right of the camera in this shot of
the ring/stage.  Notice the cameraman is trying to press the headset to
his ears to block out some of the crowd noise. And, yes, many wore
jacket and tie.

Beatles '64

Any chance you can point me to someone with stills from that night,
especially of the crew and facilities?  We were pick up crew.  I was at
WTTG at the time and some of the guys were from WTOP, I think.  I had
also worked at WTOP as "director trainee" for awhile when I first got
out of college.  I cannot remember the name of the production company
that hired us, but suspect they're long gone.  I don't remember whose
truck it was.  I don't think it was TTG's.  It may have been TOP's.

I did find the video and did see the camera being pulled back through a
shot near the end.  That may have been the one I was tethered to as
floor guy.  Do you think it was an RCA?  I'm not sure.

I'm looking forward to watching the documentary on May 22nd at the
Strand Theater in nearby Rockland, Maine.

Thanks,
Steve White

Mobile:  207-975-6524