[QuadList] Fwd: Re: The Beatles, Washington D.C. 1964

David Crosthwait david at dcvideo.com
Sun Apr 29 23:27:40 CDT 2012

Steve,

Thanks for telling us about your experience. Do you recall who the D.C. director was?

Several months ago, we all tried to guess the remote truck that did the show. The thread eventually died and no further discussion continued. However I received a private photo of the concert not too long ago but I've been unable to post it due to possible copyright infringement (I'm working on that issue). The cameras in use were from Tele-Tape and were Marconi's, very similar to or the exact ones as viewed here in other Tele-Tape photos: http://www.flickr.com/photos/kennyalexander/3966892126/in/photostream/. I believe this company went on to become Reeves-Teletape (perhaps).

I was told that the D.C. concert was not recorded in color due to a "shortage of portable color cameras", presuming to mean RCA TK 41's as nothing else really existed (perhaps GE PE 25's?). The NBC Burbank sections of the closed circuit feed of Leslie Gore and The Beach Boys could have been color but instead were black & white to match the D.C recording.

For photos, Mike Mitchell recently made a ton of $ on his shots at that concert: http://www.christies.com/features/auctions/0711/beatles-illuminated/

Best Regards,

David Crosthwait
DC Video
Archived Media Transfer and Re-mastering Services

177 West Magnolia Blvd.
Burbank, CA. 91502
818-563-1073
818-563-1177 (fax)