[QuadList] OT: 1" Type-B format question

Tony Quinn tony at tqvideo.co.uk
Mon Apr 2 17:10:26 CDT 2012

In message <8E75116E75C8455887CB1A9048D66418 at dcidell2v2>, Don Norwood
<dwnorwood at embarqmail.com> writes
>Hi Dennis:
>
>The take-up reel direction is selectable on the VPR-3, I assume to
>allow for compatibility with the older machines if you needed to swap
>loaded take-up reels among machines, though I'm not certain under what
>circumstances that need might arise.

Fast turn-round sport sessions (such as the UK Saturday afternoon
programme Grandstand 30 years ago). I can remember tail-outs on Quads as
well as VPR's, Don;t bother rewinding, just slap another RX tape on the
machine - spin in a couple of minutes and put test signals on afterwards
:)
--
"Remember how stupid the average person is, then realize that half of them are
stupider than that.  - G. Carlin"