[QuadList] Fwd: Re: The Beatles, Washington D.C. 1964

Steve White Steve.White at 800CallNow.com
Mon Apr 30 06:39:35 CDT 2012

David,

Great to hear from you.  Thanks very much.

Tele-Tape and Marconi make sense.  I'd forgotten their name, but I
worked several other remotes for them, including baseball.  And I
started to suggest last night that the camera backing through the shot
near the end of the tape might be a Marconi.  I think the closing
credits showed Lee Tannen for the DC portion...but, I had been unable to
remember his name.

I don't think there were any "portable" color cameras, if by that you
mean handheld.  Ikegami had a handheld b/w camera but it would be early
70s before they had the HL-33.  The first RCA color handheld was a TK-41
broken into two pieces, first created by customers of RCA and then
manufactured by RCA themselves.

Regarding the photo, are you comfortable sharing it one-on-one?

Regards,
Steve