[QuadList] Fwd: Re: The Beatles, Washington D.C. 1964

COURYHOUSE at aol.com COURYHOUSE at aol.com
Sun Apr 29 23:56:20 CDT 2012

yikes! pricey!

ed#

In a message dated 4/29/2012 9:27:56 P.M. US Mountain Standard Time,
david at dcvideo.com writes:

Steve,

Thanks for telling us about your experience. Do you recall who the D.C.
director was?

Several months ago, we all tried to guess the remote truck that did the
show. The thread eventually died and no further discussion continued. However
I received a private photo of the concert not too long ago but I've been
unable to post it due to possible copyright infringement (I'm working on that
 issue). The cameras in use were from Tele-Tape and were Marconi's, very
similar to or the exact ones as viewed here in other Tele-Tape photos:
_http://www.flickr.com/photos/kennyalexander/3966892126/in/photostream/_
(http://www.flickr.com/photos/kennyalexander/3966892126/in/photostream/) .  I believe
this company went on to become Reeves-Teletape  (perhaps).

I was told that the D.C. concert was not recorded in color due to a
"shortage of portable color cameras", presuming to mean RCA TK 41's as nothing
else really existed (perhaps GE PE 25's?). The NBC Burbank sections of the
closed circuit feed of Leslie Gore and The Beach Boys could have been color
but instead were black & white to match the D.C recording.

For photos, Mike Mitchell recently made a ton of $ on his shots at that
concert:_
http://www.christies.com/features/auctions/0711/beatles-illuminated/_ (http://www.christies.com/features/auctions/0711/beatles-illuminated/)

Best Regards,

David Crosthwait
DC Video
Archived Media  Transfer and Re-mastering Services

177 West Magnolia Blvd.
Burbank, CA.  91502
818-563-1073
818-563-1177 (fax)