[QuadList] ot - collecting the rest of the tv station.....

Don Norwood dwnorwood at embarqmail.com
Fri Feb 3 08:31:36 CST 2012

The old wire service teletypes were like quads in that they both had distinctive sounds and smells.  The sounds were obvious, and I always assumed the smell of the printers came from the heat and all the oil.  Perhaps this was not as evident if they were installed in an open area, but the ones that I was around were located in their own rooms, so when you were in the room with them, there was no escaping either the sound or the smell of the hot machines.