[QuadList] QuadList Digest, Vol 43, Issue 13

rabruner at aol.com rabruner at aol.com
Fri Jan 13 08:02:06 CST 2012

Our FM station, WFMT, used Sony PCM encoders for several years to record remotes and other events. They recorded to BetaMax. Some of their encoders had a big multi cable that came out the side of them to a dedicated recorder.  Others, just took video in and out on the regular connectors.  The machine needs to be operating in the black and white mode -- which should elmininate the comb filter -- and the DOC needs to be turned off.  Many higher end Beta machines have a switch for this.  U-matics, such as the BVU series, as well.  If the DOC is on, it will mess up the built in error correction by repeating data.

Bob Bruner
WTTW Chicago