[QuadList] OT: Switchers (was Grass Valley)

Scott Thomas scottgfx at me.com
Sun Jul 8 22:57:58 CDT 2012

We bought the Kahuna in 2007 to replace an ailing Ampex AVC. The Kalypso was considered but my concern to the CE was that it was a 10yo design at that point. The Kayanne wasn't yet out.

I too liked the Sony, but for reasons unknown to me, they wouldn't even consider it.

Our competition went from Ross Synergy to Vision. Not a bad switcher, but we see more lipsync issues on their news. I've heard it may be due to conversion hardware.

The need for conversion hardware was a big factor in choosing the Snell. We wouldn't have to buy as much.

Still miss my past GVG switchers, 300, 200 and 1000. I really, really miss my K-Scope.

Scott Thomas