[QuadList] Ampex Quad VTR Airflow Requirements

Roger Brett rcbindy at comcast.net
Fri Jun 1 08:51:32 CDT 2012

Hi Steve and Ted,

The machine is a "Merlinized" VR-1100, high band color unit.  The bummer
is that I was reasonably familiar with these units back in the early
'80s.  I keep hoping that if I stare at a reel of 2" tape long enough,
that it will all come back to me...  ;-)

It's fantastic that you've rescued a VR1000C!  I'd love to see pictures
of that unit sometime.  Do you have working video heads?

Roger Brett
Indianapolis, IN