[QuadList] Ampex RA-4000 Re-post

pepcal at comcast.net pepcal at comcast.net
Fri Mar 2 09:32:29 CST 2012

Sorry for the re-post I had submitted this under another email address earlier.

I have an Ampex RA-4000 Edit Controller for Quad VTRs.  I have offered to donate it to the Preservation Facility at the Library of Congress, but I have not heard back from them as to whether they want it or not.  I must get rid of it by next week, is there anyone on the list that is interested in it?  The price is FREE, you just need to pick it up.  I am in the Washington, DC area.  I have the manuals including schematics.  It controls VR-1200 and VR-2000 decks with an interface, and I believe plugs directly into the AVR series VTRs.  The serial number is 2 as this one was the demo unit on the NAB show floor in 1964.  The first unit was purchased by the BBC and this one went to WFAA in Dallas. See photos (attached).  I have more closeup photos if someone is interested.  Thank you.