[QuadList] HS100's in Australia

Ian Mackenzie Ian.Mackenzie at chromatronics.com
Sat Nov 10 19:33:53 CST 2012

There were a number of PAL HS100's in Australia mainly used for sports
replays in League and Aussie rules football as well as cricket.

The first one was at Videotape Corporation in Sydney the first colour
production house in Australia in 1969.

There were 2 VR2000's and a HS100 disk in the tape room so editing was
between the 200's and when a A/B roll was required the B roll was on the
HS100.

I used to maintain several of them at VTC and stations .

As far as I know there never was a HS200 here.

I have the ABC HS100 complete and was in operational condition when last
turned off but would certainly need a very carefull clean of the disks
before I would be game to turn it on again.

I don't think any of the other HS100's survived here and they were
scrapped.