[QuadList] The Digitrak Tape area OT

Roger Brett rcbindy at comcast.net
Fri Apr 19 13:08:58 CDT 2013

Hi Don,

In years past I spent a quick moment trying to play back a 1" tape from
a VR-7500 series machine on a VPR-1.  Can't recall the issue since I've
slept (numerous times!) since then ;-)  Since they were both type-A I
thought it should have played, however there may have been a difference
in modulator/demod frequencies between the two machines.  You spoke that
your (gorgeous, well-preserved) VR-7900 had 3 modulator frequences.
I've never really studied the differences that existed in the Type-A
world and wondered if you knew why those two machines wouldn't play
nicely.  Is it a low band/hi band issue or are you aware of additional
incompatibilities, assuming they were both in alignment?

Thanks,

Roger Brett
Transfer Media, LLC