[QuadList] Reviving the Lenticular Kinescope Thread

Jeffrey J Martin jjm332 at nyu.edu
Mon Dec 30 12:32:59 CST 2013

That clip is from Kovacs' episode of "Saturday Color Carnival," January
1957. The whole show is included in the recent Kovacs DVD set. Never having
seen a lenticular kine, I can't say by looking at it whether it's an actual
color kine or not. But UCLA Film & Television Archive holds what it
describes as a 16mm color kine of the show, which may be the source. Info
pasted below.

I'd love to see this thread revived. If Kodacolor can be digitized,
digitizing a lenticular kine should be feasible, too.

Jeff Martin
Chicago, IL

Location:Non-circulating SRLF archival copyInventory Number:T3167Collection:TV
Television CollectionFormat:1 reel of 1 (29 min., 52 sec.) (ca. 1200 ft.) :
opt sd., col. ; 16 mm. safety print.Notes:Reserved for preservation.NOTES:
"F2110." Copy added from inventory record without viewing or inspection.
LOCATION: A2-74-3.Added copy, November 18, 1987, my; rev. April 15, 2005,
my; rev. March 9, 2011, my.