[QuadList] T.E.P. rememberances

J. Mitch Hopper id at brainmist.com
Tue Feb 5 17:45:45 CST 2013

Well, here's how it was done out in the boondocks. This is a government production center where I started doing a lot of 1 frame animation. The budget wouldn't support the newer AE version of editors, so I built a hybrid timecode and thumbwheel switch comparator to cue the source tapes and used TEP to cut them together.  The closeup pix with TEP in the lower right was taken before the cueing engine was relocated to the edit console. The pix with the old guy is after.  About 2 years after these pix were taken, I built a simple Z-80 editor with a thumbwheel switch interface and retired TEP.  That lasted for 4 more years until we could afford a real "store-bought" edit system.
I referred to it all as the automated razorblade.
And, yes... the old guy in the pix was me. Now I really feel my age.
Anybody else have any pix of their TEPs?? Love to see them.

J. Mitch Hopper
Custom Video Systems Co.
Rochester, IL
217-498-8438
id at brainmist.com

It's been lovely but I have to scream now.