[QuadList] TEP - CAVEC and other stuff

J. Mitch Hopper id at brainmist.com
Mon Feb 4 10:16:50 CST 2013

David, I meant that comment to be 'tongue-in-cheek'.  I, too, owe the old days for supporting my family in a better style than my father before me.  Since I started with the razor-blade (oh, yes - I remember the iron oxide Freon developing solution!) the industry has advanced to a point that makes the old ways almost laughable to all who did not experience it.  I guess I represent the small minority of the old quad guys who didn't come out of the Burbank, Denver or New York world.  I spent all my time in the 2nd and 3rd place markets, and government, private and corporate production facilities.  I wonder how many of the readers of this group lived in the no-budget world?  Maintaining the old hardware wasn't hard - doing it with no money or support was!

Personally, I'm proud to be an old-quad-guy and part of the old-ways!

So - back to the question - anybody remember working with / on one of the original TEPs?  Stories? Pictures? Come on... I couldn't have had the only one!

J. Mitch Hopper
Custom Video Systems Co.
Rochester, IL
217-498-8438