[QuadList] TEP - CAVEC and other stuff

Eric Address att eric-address at att.net
Mon Feb 4 15:20:07 CST 2013

We started CAE using an RCA TEP at E. J. Stewart.  All of our VTRs were
equipped with single frame editors (replacing the original 18 frame modules)
and 15Hz control track mods.  We kept the VTRs tweaked so that they achieved
Pixlock, color framed, in less than 1 second (,5 to .75 seconds on the
average), so we used a 1 second pre-roll for all playback decks from the
TEP.  Using TEP and the single frame editors, we were able to do animation.
            We moved on to CMX editing from TEP, with punch tape, etc.  It
took the CMX engineers a long time to get the PROMS correct to match the
accuracy and playback synchronization that we achieved with TEP.
            Those were the good old days.