[QuadList] TEP - CAVEC and other stuff

Trevor videovault at sky.com
Mon Feb 4 16:15:39 CST 2013

I remember TEP well not the quickest of editor, and if you edited to a
studio source, you had to remember to put into standby after the edit or the
counters filled up after about 10 mins an it stopped the recording machine

Animation is quite rough on quad tape as the number of passes to build up
something worthwhile is a problem
I think TEP pre rolled up with the guide out when in animation mode and
pulled it in just before the edit

CAVEC was very good and I think it outperformed the Brand X equivalent as it
was line by line correction , not head by head. They cost £7k each in the
UK, I remember because I paid £4k for my house at the time

TrevorB
UK member