[QuadList] 1966 Brigadoon question

trandoc at aol.com trandoc at aol.com
Thu Jun 20 20:34:44 CDT 2013

Don,

I agree with you about the machine used to record the copy on the Internet Archive. It was a two head omega wrap. There were some guys modifying those B&W machines with hetrodyne processors. Maybe this was from one of those? The bandwidth and time base stability certainly is poor enough.

However, I understand from several sources that the network repeated this special in 1968 and that was the last time it was seen. The network rerun would have to have been from quad. It is conceivable that the mechanically edited master was recorded down the network during the 1966 initial run. They might have used this for time delay purposes. Maybe that copy is what was run in '68???

Best regards,
Harold