[QuadList] CM328 bulbs--Now OL-3828P 14 v, bi-pin

Ted Langdell ted at quadvideotapegroup.com
Mon Mar 25 00:54:28 CDT 2013

Hi, Dave,

Taking the close up picture was a good idea!

OL is a Oshino 382BP... As in Oshino Lamp 382 BI PIN

How'd we get that?

If we googled OL-3828P, we turned up this webpage about Oshino lamp design.

http://www.oshinolamps.co.jp/english/company/lamp/limit.html

Reading the lamp numbers in one of the tables, It thought you may actually have an OL-382 and the last two characters are BP for BI-PIN.  The B can look like an 8.

Googling Oshino 382BP turned up quite a few links to what you need.

https://www.interlight.biz/light-bulb/OSHINO-OL-382BP has them for three bucks a piece minimum 10.
Don's Bulbs wants over $9.

Have fun with a fully lit switcher and other gear!  Post pictures (under 1MB total message will sail through to the list.)

Ted

On Mar 24, 2013, at 10:05 PM, Dave Sieg wrote:

> Thanks everybody for your input...
> I've attached a photo of the bulb I'm looking for, its got 2 pins coming out the bottom,
> and it says 14V 80mA.
> Also pardon my unintentional run-on comingling of Grass Valley with Quads.
> I recall quads mostly using the bullet-ones like 327 and 328.
> And now that I can blow the image up I can better see
> the number is OL-3828P.
> I've solved my immediate problem by stealing bulbs from a little unused GV-100 but I hate
> doing that.  I also hate switchers with burned out light bulbs.
>

> --
> Dave Sieg
> www.linkedin.com/in/davesieg
> www.davesieg.com