[QuadList] JFK Fifty Years Later--Were any QuadList members working in TV that day?--Have you handled any materials from then?

Dennis Degan dennyd1 at verizon.net
Thu Nov 21 18:36:43 CST 2013

		On Nov 21, 2013, at 3:40 PM, Ted Langdell wrote:

> I was eight, and was—from knowledge picked up from reading technical books from SAMS and other publishers at our local public library—fascinated with how it was all being put together.

		I offer:

	I had just turned 13.  I was in high school; 8th grade.  We'd just returned from lunch.  Some confusing intercom chatter was followed by the vague announcement that all classes were cancelled, telling us all to go home.  I didn't find out what had happened until I got to the parking lot and heard about it on a car radio.  Girls were crying, football players were trying to comfort them.  By the time I got home, the TV was already on.  It stayed on for the weekend.
	Oswald was killed while I was in Sunday School.  I heard about that on the way home, also from a car radio.  But we all watched the funeral live on Monday as it happened.  No school that day, of course.
	11 years later, I was working in Columbus, GA watching Geraldo Rivera on ABC showing the Zapruder film for the first time ever.  I still have a tape of that program.

					    NBC Today Show, New York