[QuadList] "It Didn't Post to the List" issues--Have you had any?--Update--Suggestions if you have this problem--

Ted Langdell ted at quadvideotapegroup.com
Thu May 8 16:38:18 CDT 2014

Greetings again on another QuadList technical issue.

I'm working with our QuadVideotapegroup.com/QuadList webhost to identify potential reasons a handful of users have reported e-mails that never made it to either the archives, or subscribers or both.

If you haven't had this problem, you don't need to respond, although the contents of the e-mail would be helpful if it should happen to you.

If you have experienced this problem since, say, June of last year... and have not previously reported the problem to me, I'd like to hear from you OFF-list.

Please include info about subjects, dates and times of occurrence if you have e-mails that didn't post.

This is one of those intermittent issues that pops up only at random, but has been reported more than once by one AOL user, one formerly frequent poster whose commercial domain email has  been handled by G-mail since mid-2013, and most recently by another fairly frequent poster whose embarqmail.com address is now part of CenturyLink.

How to help going forward if you have had this problem:

You can access your QuadList settings at
http://mail.quadvideotapegroup.com/mailman/options/quadlist_quadvideotapegroup.com/your e-mail address

Scroll down to:

Receive your own posts to the list?  							Check YES
Receive acknowledgement mail when you send mail to the list?		Check YES
Avoid duplicate copies of messages?							Check NO

That will let you:
see your own posts to the list,
receive an acknowledgement that your post has been received, and
will let you see your post when it is sent out from the list.
If you haven't seen your post show up within an hour, please check the archives at
http://mail.quadvideotapegroup.com/pipermail/quadlist_quadvideotapegroup.com/

 to see whether it actually arrived, but was not sent out.

If you see it in the archives, please allow a bit more time for it to show up in your e-mail box.

If it still hasn't shown up in your mailbox, please send me a copy of your post , and attempt to re-post.

This process will help us identify whether a few specific e-mail addresses are having this problem, posters using specific IPS, and further under what conditions the "no post" occurs.

We've had some happen when a poster apparently hit "reply" and then deleted all contents of the e-mail and started a new subject.

That, unfortunately retains the message references to all the previous posts in a thread, and may be a contributing factor.

Soooo... we'd suggest always using a NEW e-mail when sending a post on a new topic to the list.

It also will avoid subject lines that don't reflect the topic.

Again, thanks for your help in troubleshooting this issue.

Skype: 	TedLangdell
e-mail:	ted at quadvideotapegroup.com

Eighth Annual Quad Videotape Group Lunch at NAB:  12:30pm on Tuesday, April 14, 2015