[QuadList] AMPEX VR-5100 WILL IT PLAY OTHER MACHNESTYPE A TAP...

Steve White Steve.White at 800CallNow.com
Fri May 16 14:34:57 CDT 2014

IVC was the far superior machine ... because it was a totally different
format.

You'll notice the Ampex used a moving pinch roller path with resulting
omega wrap around the drum, while the IVC used a fixed path and alpha wrap.