[QuadList] Memorial Day Weekend--Remembering the Quads and people from AFTN, AFVN, AFN--

Charles Park Seward park at videopark.com
Sat May 24 21:08:39 CDT 2014

Looks good,Ted.

One minor correction. The AVR-1 was located at the air base in Ramstein, close to my Kaislautern radio duty. After I left in 1975, the entire operation moved to Frankfurt and lit up the color burst, changing to full color. TK-45s, I think.

Many of the bicycled programs were sent on kine in the monochrome days. The VTRs were primarily used for local production. I'll try to get some pics up.

Here are a few:  http://videopark.com/ktown.htm

The technical format was 525/50 to prevent shadow audience viewing. But radio was in the open and we had huge numbers all over Europe, especially from Frankfurt with the 150,000 watt AM transmitter. Nighttime audience in England was massive. I had a full network show at 10:30 PM and got thousands of requests.

Best,
Park

C. Park Seward
Cell: 818-535-2747