Re: ShibaSoku CB531A1 color bar generator— Manual? Recognize where this was used in NYC

Ted Langdell ted at flashscan8.us
Tue Jan 17 11:42:40 CST 2017

Hi Len,

Thanks for the info. Sounds like you might have some experience with this particular generator.

Do you remember where in the ABC New York facilities this room was located? I would anticipate that many remodels have occurred since then.

It works, but takes a while to kind a get to the point where output viewed on a vector scope and wait for monitor are what one would expect.

I think perhaps capacitors have seen better days.

It was something I picked up as a test signal generator moons ago and since I have some other replacements for it. But it's good to know the history behind it. And I think it may have an ABC asset tag on it somewhere.

Hope you're having a good morning without any major weather issues. A little foggy here in Northern California. Meeting my colleague Ken Zin to pick up some three-quarter inch VTR belts and get them off to some other customers before I head off to a trade show in San Francisco I need to learn some things from.

flashscan8.us
Moving Image Tools and Technology
ted at flashscan8.us
+1 (530) 301-2931

Dictated into and Sent from my iPhone, which is solely responsible for any weird stuff I didn't catch.